Monday, April 2, 2007

Road trip update

We are back from our road trip and it went fine. In the end we were glad that we did not go for the DVD player. The kids read a lot in the car and worked on some activity books. I also heard, "I am bored" a few times but then they would figure something out to keep themselves busy.

We made the onward journey almost non-stop because my younger one napped for two hours. It was easy to keep the older one busy - she read by herself for a bit, then I read to her. She also listened to some story tapes on her Walkman and looked at an "I spy" book. On the return journey there was a time that I was too tired to engage the kids and they were getting crazy back there. We ended up stopping and playing a few games of tag. Things improved after that.

No comments: