Friday, April 24, 2009

Flimsiness

This a test post from my mobile phone. It got fragmented so I have combined multiple posts in one. Posting from mobile requires brevity.

I have this cooking range - stainless steel construction, nice sturdy looks. Yesterday the bottom drawer, where I store my kitchen linens, looked a bit askance. I pulled it out to fix it and find that the things that connect this sturdy drawer to the sturdy body are made of flimsy plastic which had broken off. This is a perfect stand-in for the state of affairs these days - a fancy exterior with a hollowness in all the important parts. I guess, if you need something that is solid through and through you gotta look in Germany!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, are you the one who wrote the guide to living in america at khoslafamily.com. it was just brilliant, to the point and all truth. I salute you for that piece of writing. It was wonderful.

Alien Mama said...

Yes that was my writing. How did you chance upon it? I am curious.

Anonymous said...

i was looking for articles on kumon and yours came up via google search. I am still rofling about the article. My husband for the first time acknowledged that something i sent to him was indeed worth reading and his most compliments he could give out is 'most of what she says is true ;'. and my jaw dropped as all you said are true ;) !! Men, they just cant give in that easily sometimes ;) !! Where are you nowadays. just read you are in india !!. I hope you are having enough househelp like cleaning, cooking etc !!. Take care. That article deserves to be published and you need to get a lot of recognition just for that piece of writing. It is a very very wonderful, truthful, humourous article and so touches the modern indian women brought up in india but living in america

Alien Mama said...

Oh my, thanks for the compliments! I did send the article for publication to one magazine but they declined. I didn't try too hard though. Feel free to forward it to others, and add yourself as a follower of this blog, maybe word of mouth will help. I have couple other articles there and intended that site to be able to help others from my experiences and lessons I have learned.

Anonymous said...

please send it to desicritics, desijournal. etc. I sent in 2 to desijournal, abcdlady, etc.

Anonymous said...

thanks, nice post.