Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Historic day, historic moment

New York Times said today "An American with the name Barack Hussein Obama, the son of a white woman and a black man he barely knew, raised by his grandparents far outside the stream of American power and wealth, has been elected the 44th president of the United States."

Not just that, but a decent intelligent man, who ran with a simple idea that he believes in. A man who reached the highest office in the country, purely on his own merit, and by sticking to his beliefs without bending with the political winds. His opponents may say that I give him too much credit, and of course, time will only tell, but I truly believe that this is the first time in my life I am seeing a leader who has principles that he believes in and who will stand by those principles. Before this election season, I used to think that John McCain was that person but he proved us wrong.

Today, I can tell my daughters with conviction that, indeed, there is no limits to what you can achieve in this country. As any immigrant I keep tallying pro and cons of continuing to live in the US . Today, the pro column got many many points!

No comments: