Thursday, January 31, 2008

I hate CNN

I don't watch TV and don't subscribe to newspapers preferring to get all my news online. Everyday I visit the websites of BBC news, New York times and CNN to see what is going on in the world. CNN's headlines are always about kids dying or being abused or being thrown of a bridge or something equally ghastly. It is horrible. At this very moment the headline at BBC is about a top al-Qaeda militant being killed and what is CNN leading with - Britney Spears' hospitalization! Oh I hate CNN. Wonder what people who watch CNN On TV think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! I've never done much looking at CNN's site, so I didn't know it was like that. But Fox News presesnts such a different view of the world from the usual channels where I get my news that I wonder what people who watch only Fox think. My neighbor across the street, for example, says she gets all her news from Fox and that it is very balanced because they have a liberal guy and a conservative guy and they debate issues with each other. But Fox is known for *so* not being balanced that it really worries me that there's a huge population of people out there like my neighbor who get all their news from Fox.

I haven't seen the movie "Outfoxed" but it's on my list of things I'm curious about.

And then there's TV news. Yick.

But also I read about the death of good news sources out there, and how Americans don't ever hear news about international and other topics, and yet there is *so* much good coverage on Public Radio and on many of the various newspaper websites that feed into Google News that I know the good coverage is out there, and not that hard to find. I just wish I thought more of the public was finding it.

Ok, 'nuff ranting.